Friday, April 20, 2007

A Night Off



I took the night off. No heavy lifting for me yesterday. I had to head out of the city to my brother's house to check on our kittens. He's been watching them since we gave notice on our apartment, but he's taken off on a week's vacation so now it's my turn to watch them---long distance. It's been two weeks since I've seen those little guys. I was pretty happy, and they seemed happy as well.

My better-half did some work in the house. He ended up taking down the 2x4's that were standing b/w the kitchen and the diningroom/library (we're still not sure what to do with that space). I think we'll make a half-height wall b/w the kitchen and that room. It will open the place up.

Tonight we'll move some boxes into the basement and possibly a trip to the Depot. In a weeks time we managed to fill a 10 yard dumpster with debris. I think most of the demolition is over. I think. One can never be too sure.

Glad the week is over. Looking forward to beautiful weather and a Sunday afternoon party with friends. Yes, two days off this week. :)

No comments: