Thursday, April 19, 2007

Wood Floors

Yesterday, I went to the house to let the refinishers in to sand, polish and do whatever it is they do to the upstairs floors. My job was to paint the basement beams. Next thing I know, I'm ripping up 4 layers of lamanet flooring to reveal BEAUTIFUL 100 year old pine floors. It was quite exciting. I can't wait to see them refinished.

My parents came by to see the place for the first time. Dad stayed and helped me do lots of the labor---then told me I didn't save much money by doing it myself. lol--typical Nichole/Dad conversation. "Thanks, DAD. I didn't need to hear that!" "Well kid, I'm right here next to you---if you're jumpin' in, I'm with you all the way" The Mother came back a few hours later to do some work as well. My husband and I are lucky b/c we have two sets of very supportive parents.

I did negotiate a wood floor deal which I was pretty proud of. My GC skills are getting better everyday. Except that I let an electrician come in and freak me out about things that needed to be done. My better half was able to calm me down--but all I managed to do was irriate him with my madness. Trying to find balance...

So yesterday's progress was good. The beams didn't get painted, but I think it's probably lower on our 'to-do' list. I don't know if I can handle a night there this evening. I need a night off.

No comments: