Monday, May 14, 2007

The Hole Sha-bang


So Friday finally came. I was a happy girl by the end of last week. I had woken up on Tuesday and was sure that it was Thursday...signs of a long week to come. But Friday came and I was more than happy to get back to the house and finish my window well. Yes, it wasn't a one day project. No, that didn't bother me one bit. Went to the Depot and found the metal 'ring' for the well, and I brought it home to install it. Low and behold, I had dug the hole too big. Who digs a hole too big? Why is digging a hole so much more involved than I had thought? Lesson: everything takes longer than you think it's gonna take.

Either way, it's finished and I could move onto other yard projects. I took down the old white-ish picket fence that was there, then the Hubby came out and suggested we get rid of the chain link. Then I decided I didn't want the box hedge anymore, so that came out (I got to use the saws-all for that one). And the next thing you know, neighbors were commenting on how beautiful the house looked! And we haven't planted a single thing :)

The weekend produced brand new plumbing, a framed out kitchen and bathroom, and a backyard full of debris. I'm so happy with how the place looks. It's really a home . . without a kitchen or full bath, but STILL---really a home.

No comments: