Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Window Wells and the Inaugural Hole


I've dug a lot of holes in my life. Sometimes several in a day. I'm pretty sure my childhood was a boot camp, but my Dad calls is a 'benevolent dictatorship' so the jury is still out on that one.

But the hole I dug last night was an exciting one. I was moving my own earth. A prideful moment, I'd say. We have to install a window well around the front basement window. I guess it keeps water out (the #1 destroyer of homes). So I got myself a shovel and started to dig. I don't know why I'm so happy with this hole; it's not even that deep. Country girl--I like to be close to the soil, I guess. I wouldn't really call this 'soil' though. It's definitely city dirt. Give me a year or two...I bet I can make things grow there.

Haven't picked up said window well yet. Can't seem to find one. Back to the Depot we go. I better do it before it rains...

No comments: