Friday, May 25, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, the kick-off for white wardrobe is here! Like that makes a difference. Come on! There's work to be done in a dirty house---no place for white clothing.

Last night we ordered our tiles! I'd like to send a shout-out to the most helpful sales associate I've ever met: A Guy named Chris. He sat with us until well after the store closed and processed our order. AND gave us a discount. He rocks. His Karma count is high.

We're going to use a black slate for the bathroom floor and accent it with white subway tiles on the walls. In the kitchen, we went w/ a 20x20 tile, pretty neutral color. I think maple cabinets will complement them well. Of course, it's going to take some time for the tiles to be delivered, so we are not as close to a finished bathroom as I thought. It's OK! A couple more weeks won't kill us. I was told that the place is 'uninhabitable' which I promptly and viciously disputed--we've been inhabiting it for weeks now and we're still alive. I rest my case.

This weekend I was granted time off for good behavior. Dave is sending me on my way to the Eastern Shore with my girlfriends, and a clean bathroom w/ shower. He's going to demo the rest of the main floor ceilings. Something I guess we should have done in the first place. We know, we know...

This week, the electricians came and wired up the kitchen. I have high hats! Recessed lighting is awesome. The place is so bright. I can't wait to see it when it's done. I hope I haven't forgotten how to cook.

No comments: